- Explore the revolutionary Open and Distance eLearning (ODeL) method provided through the University of Ibadan, providing various study options to earn the undergraduate level.
- Make use of this opportunity to use the UI Distance Learning Centre and apply for the academic session 2022/2023.
It is worth noting that the University of Ibadan (UI) has expanded its undergraduate curriculum to include two different methods of teaching which are traditional in-person methods as well as the innovative Open and Distance eLearning (ODeL) method. Both options are acceptable to earn the UI degree. As this, the university has adopted an “Equality of Recognition” policy that ensures that students who take part in both methods have the same rights and options.
In accordance with this policy, students in both in-person/face-to-face and ODeL learning environments follow the same syllabus, take identical exams, are instructed by the same educators/facilitators, receive the same esteemed UI diploma, and qualify for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) mobilization.
To increase accessibility to UI ODeL programs, the University is thrilled to announce that the registration procedure for the Distance Learning Center of the University of Ibadan’s Academic Session 2022/2023 will begin on March 13, 2023. Candidates who are eligible are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to apply.
UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Courses
Candidates are eligible to apply for 16 ODeL-mode university programs that span five faculties listed below:
|Faculty of Arts||B.A English|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A Philosophy and Public Affairs|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A History and Diplomatic Studies|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A Communication and Language Arts|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Psychology|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Economics|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Political Science|
|Faculty of The Social Sciences||B.Sc. Sociology|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Adult Education|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Educational Management|
|Faculty of Education||B.Ed. Counselling and Human Development Studies|
|Faculty of Education||BLIS. Library and Information Studies|
|Faculty of Education||BSW. Social Work|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc. Statistics|
UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Statutory Admission Requirements
In order to be eligible for undergraduate classes at the 100-level candidates must earn credit scores for five (5) relevant subjects from WAEC/NECO/GCE as well as distinctions or upper credits in A Levels, NCE, OND, HND, degrees, and Degrees, in addition to the necessary O’Level credits for 200-level direct entry applicants. It is a Bachelor of Nursing Science is only open to registered Nurses (RN) or Direct Entry candidates.
Priority will be given to those who have scored at the minimum of 40% aggregate on the University POST UTME exam but were not able to be admitted through the face-to-face method because of the limited capacity. Candidates who are in this category need to switch their study mode in an application platform.
How to Apply for UI Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Admission
To apply to UI’s ODeL program to apply, follow these steps:
- Visit https://modeofstudy.ui.edu.ng/ and enter your JAMB registration number or email address in the banner field.
- The admissions processing portal will inform you about your status as an applicant.
- Select “Apply,” review the specifications, then select your preferred program from among the available 16 ODeL choices.
- Include your name and your contact details. The school will notify you about your admission via email address and telephone number. Make sure you are able to access them.
- Confirm your information and then proceed to pay. Pay online using the Remita interface Print your RRR to make the bank transaction or utilize online banking apps that are integrated with Remita.
- Your payment will be transferred to the portal for your application. If you do not receive it and you want to transfer it, simply select “ReQuerry payment” on the page for payment to change the status of your transaction.
- Following a successful transaction you can update your biodata then upload your credentials and then submit your application. The school will notify you regarding the status of your admission or other actions within a couple of days.
Note: Prospective applicants should be sure to read the admission requirements prior to filling out their application. Applications that are not in compliance with the criteria will not receive admission from the portal.
Application for admission to the UI Open and Distance Learning (ODL) admissions application form is priced at 11,000 naira (eleven thousand naira ) only).
Please Share this Post If you believe this article could be useful to someone else, please forward it to them using the buttons below!