- This announcement is intended to inform people of the fact that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced the start of 2023 enrollment to UTME or Direct Entry applicants.
- The application form is available for those who wish to take part in the 2023 UTME in Nigeria and other countries.
- To ensure an easy registration process We have put together a complete list of places which you can sign-up with us. You can also find the JAMB number of forms and entry requirements, suggested textbooks, syllabus, and many more below.
After its meeting of management held on December 20, 2022, The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) announced the dates of its main activities in 2023.
So the Board has now approved the registration timeframe for 2023’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) which will be held starting on the 14th of January, on a Saturday until Tuesday 14 February 2023. However, this does not allow the registration period to submit Direct Entry (DE) application documents, since DE registration will begin on the 20th of February, Monday, and would close on Thursday, 20th April 2022.
The Board also decided to set Thursday, 16 March 2023 as the date of its mock UTME, which is an option UTME.
Candidates are informed that they are expected to make a fee of N1,000 to centres for CBT for conducting mock exams when they register. This is to avoid the situation where applicants express an interest in taking the mock UTME and cause centres to invest in both material and human resources and then have applicants fail to show up for the test. The new format lets applicants can indicate their enthusiasm by paying for the exam mock during UTME registration, which prevents centres from losing money regardless of whether the candidates actually take the test.
The Board recommends that all candidates who plan to register to take the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) immediately start making their profiles (creation of a profile number) before the official start of the registration process. This is to ensure they don’t get involved in subsequent bottlenecks.
The 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME) Formula has begun. Be aware that registration is completed by JAMB-accredited centers as well as JAMB State-Offices. To protect yourself, do not visit any cyber cafes or computer centers apart from those that are licensed by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) which is administered by JAMB is a standard entrance-level exam for those looking to pursue higher education.
Before proceeding, download the JAMB CBT Practice Software from Here for a top score in the upcoming exam.
Direct entry applicants should be sure to check (the 2022 JAMB Direct Entry Application Form Details) to get the JAMB DE form and to register.
CAVEAT: CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR UTME AND DE AT THE SAME TIME. IF ANY CANDIDATE APPLIES THROUGH UTME AND LATER OBTAINS DE QUALIFICATION, THE UTME CAN BE UPGRADED TO DE AT NO COST. In fact, it’s a sanctionable offense to receive two documents for application in the same calendar year. Double or multiple registrations can result in the possibility of prosecution and cancellation.
Do not forget to BOOKMARK this page and keep checking back regularly. Our goal is to provide you with the right information to ensure easy registration.
The applicants are advised to verify their eligibility for the chosen programs and institutions at ibass.jamb.gov.ng. It is crucial that applicants be sure to check their eligibility before beginning their application. The eligibility checker helps applicants with a variety of programs (courses) that are based on their skills
JAMB Form Registration Period and Cost
According to JAMB JAMB, all applicants who are registered in other countries, are required to take the test between the 19th of February 2022 between Saturday the 26th of March, 2022. The PIN vending period also closes on the 26th of March 2022.
See the table below to find the price of the Form JAMB:
|Compulsory Reading Text||500|
|Service Charge for Registration||700|
- THE BOARD HAS RESOLVED TO MAKE HENCEFORTH THE UTME AND DE-REGISTRATION PROCESS CASHLESS TO PUT A STOP TO ACTS OF EXTORTION.
- FROM THE 2022 UTME AND DE EXERCISE, THE BOARD WOULD BE COLLECTING THE APPROVED N00 REGISTRATION FEE ON BEHALF OF THE VARIOUS COMPUTER-BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRES ALONG WITH ITS UTME REGISTRATION FEES AND THEN REMIT WEEKLY WHATEVER IS DUE TO EACH REGISTRATION CENTRE.
Foreign Centres: $20.
2022 UTME Order of Choice of Institution (Any Institution can be the first option)
On the 2022 registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy), or Nigeria Police Academy.
2022 JAMB UTME General Entry Requirements
The requirements for general entry for admission to The First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes at universities as well as other institutions with degrees. Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutions, and Colleges of Education are five (5) O’Level credit passes that include Maths in addition to the English Language. The details are in the Brochure and will be distributed to all applicants at CBT centers that are accredited as well as JAMB State Offices. The brochure is also accessible to download from ibass.jamb.gov.ng and on the Android mobile App(JAMB IBASS) from the Google Play store.
Don’t give your password to any centre (or Cyber Cafe). Any center that asks for more than your profile number email address, profile code, and account number, is likely to be a rip-off. Never give any passwords.
How to Create a JAMB Profile
- Each candidate will require the usage of a specific phone (mobile) number (SIM) to complete the process of registration. The number is unique and is only available to one candidate only. (Note That this number (SIM) remains your individual identity for all transactions in the Board.
- The applicant will text his/her NIN (NIN) via message (SMS) to the number 55019 or even 66019, based on their individual GSM number. e.g. compose”NIN”, then write “NIN” then space and include your 11-digit NIN and then send it to 55019 or the 66019 arrangement (NIN 000123456789). There must be a blank space in between “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN (Note that an individual who has the same NIN must not have used your number to apply to take part in UTME/DE before). Do not use postpaid cards or specific bundle SIM cards. They will not function unless they are packed with credit.
- The candidate is issued the Profile Code of 10 characters on the same telephone(SIM) number.
- The number that is used to send messages via text is linked to the student’s application for the 2022 Exam, Admission, and Application. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE SIM NUMBER USED; IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BOARD BY OBTAINING UTME/DE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS; A CANDIDATE HAS ACCEPTED TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM JAMB (55019 or 66019) EVEN WHEN THE “DO NOT DISTURB” IS ACTIVATED
- The applicant presents his profile number at the point of purchasing of the form (Banks MMOs, MFBs, MMOs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form’s ePIN code is then transmitted as an SMS message to the phone numbers of the candidates.
- The applicant needs to show an e-PIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for registration.
- The application is not complete until the biometric data of the applicant (all 10 fingers) is recorded and taken physically (No photo of passport required). Successfully capturing biometrics as well as a photograph allows a person to print their e-registration slip. The fingerprint is required for any subsequent transaction that requires JAMB on the profile of the candidate.
- Only those who pass the biometrics test on the day of the exam will be allowed to sit the UTME. No proxy or parent is allowed to perform any transactions on the candidate’s profile.
- Biometrically challenged applicants must register only for biometric challenges at JAMB headquarters located in Abuja. This arrangement is made to facilitate this by JAMB state offices.
How to Obtain 2022 JAMB Form & General Instructions
The candidates are advised to go through the following information carefully for the best chance of obtaining their JAM UTME forms:
- The registration fee is three thousand Five Hundred (N3 500) Naira An additional five hundred (N500) Naira, only, is paid for a reading copy of “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jali. UTME or DE Candidates. $20 for candidates who are from the nine centers in foreign countries.
- A CD with all the JAMB syllabus, an eBrochure as well as other essential resources is also provided to students for free.
- Candidates should be aware that Epins purchased are tied to a specific profile and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep secure and safe their security data like registration numbers, passwords/numbers for ATM cards email addresses, as well as electronic pins. There is no way for a center to ask for or accept a person’s password.
- Candidates are not allowed to sign up more than one time. If there is a mistake made during the registration process Candidates are required to request corrections with the Board and not apply for an application again because doing so will result in a sanction.
- No one, not even parents/guardians or any other proxy, are allowed to conduct business on the profile of any candidate. The Board oversees the process of registration and any activities that occur on candidates’ profiles and defaulters will be punished severely. Any candidate who discloses his or her passwords, profiles number or any other security code access to a third party (parents or friends, tutors, teachers, fraudsters, etc.) is responsible for any changes made by that person(s). DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYBODY, INCLUDING JAMB OFFICIALS. These security codes cannot be sought at any center of registration by anyone for any reason.
SELF-HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE/LOSS OF PROFILE CODE:
- To recover the lost Profile Code, send [RESEND] to 55019 or 66019 an SMS from the same mobile number.
- Candidates can reset their lost or misplaced Profile Password on their registered mobile phone by sending [password] [email]in 55019 or 66019 via text message to the same mobile number.
(FREE COMPLAINT) TICKETING:
For ALL complaints on JAMB processes, candidates can create a support ticket at (support.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her email address registered on the Board’s site. The applicant then enters the name of the person who is submitting the ticket, their phone number, and the specifics of the problem chooses the complaint category from an options list, and then outlines the details of the problem. They can also attach any documents supporting the complaint (if they are available) and forward the documents. The complaints of third parties are simply not recorded. The writing of letters is not encouraged. Instead, all complaints should be directed to the ticketing system to receive quick attention and proof.
For complaints related to NIN (e.g. when a person sends a message to 55019 or 66019 in order to make a profile but doesn’t receive a response or is provided with incorrect information or incorrect information, they can use the same procedure on the ticketing process and then click 2022 issues relating to NIN, then choose the topic that is related to it on the drop-down menu).
NOTE THAT YOUR PASSWORD SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED TO ANYONE. JAMB CAN ONLY HELP ON PROFILE-PASSWORD, NOT E-MAIL-BOX-PASSWORD. YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB IBASS APP ON YOUR PHONE. DO NOT CHECK AT ANY CYBER CAFE THAT WOULD DEMAND YOUR PASSWORD, WHICH IS THEN USED TO STEAL YOUR RECORDS. “TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED”
The public and candidates are to remember that no one is able to assist with admission or the upgrading of scores. they are only able to betray and defraud those who are patronizing fraudsters.
DUTIES OF PARTICIPATING BANKS/OUTLETS:
- Get this Profile code from your candidate’s cell phone
- Accept payment and vend ePIN via SMS to the candidate’s mobile (Not copying or dictating)
- Facilitate POS Payment, if necessary
- Issue Evidence of Payment
- Sending ePINs to applicants. (This is not to be Handwritten)
SIX DIFFERENT MODES/METHODS OF PAYMENT/ PROCUREMENT OF ePIN FOR REGISTRATION (CHOOSE SUITABLE ONE):
- PAYMENT THROUGH BANKS, INCLUDING MICRO FINANCE BANKS
- Present the Profile Code and pay with cash or credit card
- ePIN is then sent to the candidate’s personal phone number.
- Payments made through POS It is offered at the State Offices of JAMB and CBT Centres, various POS outlets, and at any CBT Centre that demands it
- Present the Profile Code and pay with a card
- ePIN is then sent to the individual’s phone number.
- Pay with mobile money through operators The service is accessible at CBT Centres as well as other Outlets
- Current Profile Code, and then pay in cash
- ePIN is then sent to the candidate’s personal phone number.
- Pay with ATMs using PAYMENT The service is available at every ATM outlet of participating banks which are listed on C(I) (InterSwitch Channel)
- Select Bill Payment and select the JAMB
- Enter your Profile Code and pay
- ePIN is then sent to the individual’s personal phone number.
- ONLINE PAYMENT ON THE JAMB PORTAL
- Go to the JAMB site: jamb.gov.ng
- Click Purchase of 2022 Application Document
- Input your profile code
- Choose a payment option (InterSwitch and Remita)
- Pay the bill
- ePIN is then sent to the individual’s phone number.
- PAYMENT PROCEDURE AT FOREIGN CENTRES
- The cost for registration for candidates from the nine foreign nations is $20 or equivalent in any of the nine currencies of the local currency.
- Candidates from nine foreign nations are required to download the application form from the website of the Board ( www.jamb.gov.ng) Complete and submit it along with the payment at the nine centres designated as listed on the website. OR
- Foreign candidates visit www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- to create an account
- Log in to your profile
- In the menu on the left select 2022 Registration for foreign UTME/DE.
- Answer the questions with a guideline until you reach the payment page.
- Make the payment using any of the cards that are authorized.
- Make sure you register online.
OFFER OF FREE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
- Anyone, any government official, or company that plans to give away free application documents for prospective applicants has to quickly procure the majority of e-pins through either JAMB or other approved sales outlets.
- Anyone who wants to take advantage of one of these offers are advised to visit the sponsors’ specifically designated bank or ePIN centers (NOT any CBT centers) to get the e-PIN following the creation of their profiles as described above.
- There is no refund available to any candidate who had previously paid for the application form prior to being given a free ePIN. The applicants must avoid repeated registrations.
HOW TO RECOVER LOST ePIN AFTER PAYMENT:
- If the ePIN isn’t received or lost, please make sure you send [UTMEPIN] and [DEPIN] via 55019 or 66019 to request UTME or DE respectively, using the number that is unique to you.
- The ePIN will then be obtained and delivered on the unique number of the applicant
Following successful payment and the receipt of an E-PIN, the CANDIDATE SHOULD PROCEED TO any of the JAMB-accredited CBT CENTRES in order to finish his/her REGISTRATION.
REGISTRATION PROCESS AT CBT CENTRES:
Registration can only be done in certified CBT centers (CBT) as well as Professional Registration Centres (PRC). Every candidate must visit a recognized CBT center with their profile number and e-PIN.
Candidates have to personally present their ID and profile number at any accredited JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for registration. The photo of the candidate and biometrics (all 10 fingerprints) will be recorded at the CBT centre.
- You must pay no more than N700 in Fee to any CBT accredited Centres (Do not sign up to provide your personal details to register for proxy registration. It will result in your being disqualified.)
- Give students the option of choosing between schools and programs (course or study)
- Include the grade along with dates, when you are not in the process of awaiting the outcome
- Upload the relevant certificates If you’re not waiting for the results (this is the case for both UTME as well as Direct Entry (DE) candidates).
- Offer O/L or A/L grades must be submitted by the candidates. Candidates who are waiting for results should submit (upload) these results via CAPS (JAMB) immediately after they become available on the JAMB portal. JAMB will not take any recommendation from any Institution when a candidate hasn’t uploaded their result to this portal JAMB. The institution cannot make a fresh photo/image or biometrics or another upload of the results. The results can be downloaded by institutions through this website (and the download is monitored to prevent misuse)
- Provide a JAMB registration number for any previous institution certificates for DE only.
- Please provide UTME subjects and your choice of exam town(s) for
- Mock examination (optional)
- Exam for UTME (actual test)
- Check entries and ensure the accuracy
- Print the Registration Slip using BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION to verify that your fingerprint is valid (UTME/DE). Noting that authentication using your fingerprint eliminates the blame for mistakes from CBT centers. Candidates should verify their fingerprints prior to verifying their fingerprints.
- Collect, for free of cost, the text of the book and the CD
- Retrieve the e-slip upon registration to prove registration.
Note: There are no offline registrations since all accredited CBT centers have been authorized for online registration in real-time. The candidate cannot enroll at any other place than the approved CBT center and the state offices of JAMB. Candidates who are registered in non-approved centres will be disqualified and identified.
- Candidates who are blind have to signify their blindness by typing BLINDS and selecting the option of taking their exam using CBT mode or reading the Exam aloud. The candidate can be blind or blind or sighted. It is essential to prove it.
- In the registration process, once the candidate has indicated that they are blind, there will be an option to drop down that allows the candidate to choose the town that is closest to his/her residence in order to sit for the exam. The towns that are accessible to blind candidates are Abuja, FCT; Bauchi, Bauchi State; Benin, Edo State; Ekiti, Ekiti State; Enugu, Enugu State; Kano, Kano State; Kebbi, Kebbi State; Lagos, Lagos State; Oyo, Oyo State; Plateau, Plateau State; Yola, Adamawa State.
- A specific indicator for deaf/mute candidates was developed to distinguish those who are deaf/mute from the other candidates in the exam center. Deaf candidates must make this clear during registration.
- Candidates who have biometric issues must apply at the JAMB Headquarters in Abuja.
- The other CBT centre is permitted to sign up such candidates.
- They will also take their JAMB 2022 exam at the JAMB Abuja, the headquarters of the JAMB. Abuja
- The candidate cannot be allowed to take the test If their biometrics are not authenticated.
- The Board will not allow or take any exam with no biometric authentication.
- Biometrically abnormal candidates must register and sit for the test at the JAMB headquarters, Bwari Abuja. The Board will make it easier for the travel of candidates.
- All applicants must be required to sign up for their profiles using text messages in the manner illustrated above before attempting to purchase the ePIN
- The fee for registration is non-refundable.
- TWO NEW SUBJECTS: THE BOARD THIS YEAR HAS INTRODUCED COMPUTER STUDIES AND PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION AS UTME SUBJECTS
CANDIDATES SITTING FOR THE UTME CAN NOW PICK COMPUTER STUDIES AND PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION AS PART OF THEIR FOUR UTME SUBJECTS IF THEY SO DESIRE AS DICTATED BY THEIR PROGRAMME PREFERENCE.
- Multiple registrations are not candidates. who register more than one time will be disqualified and identified
- Candidates should be aware that they are required to be present and have live photos were taken that will be embossed onto their admission slips and result in letters. The passport photo cannot be scanned or stapled. permitted.
- Candidates should be aware that, regardless of the preference of the program they choose to study, candidates will be evaluated on a broad Text “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jali. UTME candidates and DE candidates will also be required to be able to comprehend the text.
- Officials and candidates are not allowed to enter the exam center using a wristwatch, phone electronic device, or any type of pen, or biro. Only the standard pencil is permitted.
- Candidates are reminded to be aware that JAMB does not have any requirements or authorizations for cyber cafes or establishments apart from the CBT-accredited centers that are used for this test.
- Examining malpractice is a criminal offense that is subject to an annulment of test results as well as the publication of names and even the prosecution of offenders.
How to Apply for the 2022 JAMB Form in Foreign Countries
- The JAMB fee for applicants from nine countries is $20, or the equivalent in all of the nine countries.
- Candidates from nine different nations are required to download the Application form from the website of the Board (www.jamb.gov.ng) then complete it and return it along with the required fee to the nine centers designated according to the information on the website.
Foreign Candidates are required to go to the following mission;
- Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire
- Accra, Ghana
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Beau, Cameroun
- Cotonou, Benin Republic
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- London, United Kingdom
- Berlin, Germany
The process for registration at the nine centers in foreign countries only is as follows:
- The registration fee for applicants from nine different nations is $20, or the equivalent to the nine local currencies of the nine countries.
- Candidates from nine different countries must download the application on the Board’s website ( www.jamb.gov.ng) then complete it and return the application along with the payment at the nine designated centres according to the information on the website.
Foreign candidates visit www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Create an account
- Log in to the profile
- In the menu on the left select 2022 Registration for foreign UTME/DE.
- Follow the questions in the guide until you get to the payment page.
- Pay using one of the cards that are authorized.
- Make sure you register online.
Date and Venue of the 2022 JAMB UTME
Examining for the CBT in 2022 is scheduled to begin on the weekend of 6 May, and will conclude on May 15th, Sunday 2022.
The location of the exam will be in any center within the candidate’s preferred exam town(s)
JAMB DOES NOT POST ANY CANDIDATE TO ANY EXAMINATION TOWN (OR GROUP OF TOWNS) OTHER THAN THE ONE CHOSEN BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE POINT OF REGISTRATION. CANDIDATES ARE, HOWEVER, ADVISED TO REGISTER ON TIME BEFORE THE AVAILABLE SPACES IN THEIR TOWN OF CHOICE OR GROUP OF TOWNS ARE EXHAUSTED. DUE TO DISCOVERED CONSPIRACY AMONG SOME CBT CENTRES, NO EXAMINATION TOWN WITH FEW CENTRES IS ALLOWED. MANY TOWNS HAVE BEEN MERGED
JAMB Mock Examination (Optional)
The Board will also conduct a mock test at all accredited CBT centres to help prepare and familiarize INTERESTED candidates with the CBT atmosphere. Candidates who are interested should declare their interest in the mock exam when they register, provided that they are registered in time.
The date of MOCK examination will begin on the 9th of April, on a Saturday in 2022.
Non-JAMB CBT-owned CBT centers are able to receive, via their bank accounts, a distinct seven Hundred Naira (N700) only for the mock examination from interested candidate(s) after notification of the center’s location has been received by those candidate(s). The payment of candidate for the mock exam must be paid to the center that the candidate has been assigned following the announcement of the centers that will be participating in the examination. The Association or the body is not allowed to conduct any mock exam on behalf of JAMB.
DO NOT PAY FOR MOCK UNTIL JAMB ASSIGNS YOU TO A CBT CENTRE. NO ONE SHOULD PATRONISE FRAUDSTERS. ONLY JAMB-ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES CAN SERVE AS EXAMINATION CENTRES
Candidates who have completed their JAMB application form are encouraged to talk about their experiences with others through the comments section.
Please Share this Post If you believe this article could be useful to someone else, please forward it to them using the buttons below!